View Single Post
Old 11-10-2005, 05:53 AM   #10
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) that'd be a hard thing to do, change the drinking culture. you'd prolly have to start out by banning colleges in general. and maybe high schools, too lol. IMO, alot of the responsibility is the parents', at least in raising the kids. My parents were fairly strict and I didn't dare drink in high school (even tho they said, if you ever go to a party and need a ride but can't get one, don't hesitate to give us a call... we'd rather you did that than be afraid of us punishing you and wind up dead or seriously injured) and really haven't had much of a desire to do so in college either (particularly this semester, which is ironic b/c I just turned 21 a month+ ago). unfortunately, people seem to like the carefree qualities which alcohol instills and won't easily give it up.

true but half of this stuff comes from it being prohibited. if people could have a drink (or even a joint) at an early age, then it would lose that appeal and people probably wouldn't care so much about it. now harder substances should be dealt with the full force of the law but an 18 year old arrested for having a beer? just plain stupid......
also if young people were raised with alcohol around them at an early at early age (and not just at parties) it probably wouldn't be abused so much.
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie