View Single Post
Old 02-01-2004, 11:10 PM   #8
jango
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Said Eyes) I'm not surprised. Can't go offending people...

using Lucky in the cd booklet is a bit of a cop out.

How so? The booklet is a compilation of Eddie's notes... the original lyric was "Get out of my lucky face." Later changed to the version heard today and on the album. In rvm the word is listed, so I do not believe the band had any problems with it being in the booklet. Eddie Vedder is the last individual in the music business that would compromise artistic integrity for social mores.

There is no cop out, unlike say, a band that bends over for corporate magazines and record companies to release radio-friendly albums about... I'll let you figure out which band I'm talking about...
"Nineteen hundred and forty-six. Nineteen forty-six, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works."