View Single Post
Old 06-17-2004, 03:52 PM   #1
alterflip
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Scott Stapp about internet pirates...

I founded this one on www.musicunited.org

Scott Stapp, Songwriter & Performer

"Everyone I know is excited about all the possibilities the Internet has to offer. As a musician, the Internet has made it possible for me to share my music with people that could have never been reached by conventional methods. It has been taboo for artists to speak out concerning the business side of their music. As a child I created music to express my inner thoughts and feelings, and that purity has stayed with me throughout. The day I decided to share my music with the world, was the day I decided to walk the fine line between art and commerce. I have been blessed in that I do what I love and can support my family with what I create. When my music is given away it is stealing. I need not defend my motives for making music, but the distribution of my music has made me business conscious. I have decided to sell my music to anyone who wants it, that is how I feed my family, just like a doctor, lawyer, judge, or teacher. Not to insult anyone's intelligence, but my music is like my home. These file sharing services are sneaking in the back door and robbing me blind."

Creed
Alter Bridge
Velvet Revovler
Seether
Seven Wiser
Edgewater