View Single Post
Old 01-26-2004, 10:16 AM   #4
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremonti_Fed) Didn't Kiss make a song "God gave rock n' roll to you" or something like that?

Anyway, I don't understand what's the deal with rock. Other music genres areworse than rock, in terms of message. If the rock song has a good message, why not? But when most Christian people think of rock, they think about metal (Iron Maiden, Cannibal Corpse, In Flames stuff) and Marylin Manson...

But if you listen to funk music/rap/hip-hop, the content is not that different: one curses God, the other tells people to do everything opposite to what God recommended.
God Gave Rock n' Roll To You was originally by a Christian band called Petra.

There was a big hoo-haaar especially in the US about heavy metal being satanic in a big way. Including the whole backward masking caper where U would hear satanic messages in the music. This ludicracy has been going on since the birth of rock n' roll in like the 50's. There's sites still dedicated to this stuff. It's sad!

Did they say that the book was co-written by Dave Mustaine, the guy from Megadeth?

I've seen the other book they mentioned. I also have Hungry for Heaven and Spiritual Journeys, that cover the same stuff. Spiritual Journeys is pretty clear that Creed have spiritual overtones but arent a Christian band. Her info is pretty acurate, but I don't know about this new one.

I like to know the spiritual stories behind what I'm listening to. U can pick it up when U are listening to it, but quotes etc by the bands make it crystal clear.

ROCK HARD!!!