Thread: World Cup 2006
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2006, 06:53 PM   #49
Robin101
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: World Cup 2006

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) Hmmm...Still impressed with Argentina?????

You're referring to their draw with Holland I presume. Both sides had qualified for the knock-out phase of the tournament so you can't regard the form of this match. With this World Cup being so closely contested, only a few performances have stood out - Argentina (vs Serbia and Montenegro) and Spain (vs Ukraine).

I've just seen the highlights of Brazil vs Japan. Well done to Ronaldo on breaking the record - unfortunately he seems to be hitting form at the right time. I think Ghana will cause you problems at the back - they're a quick and very strong side.

Sad to see the USA go out, RMadd. I think they're approach in the first game was always going to make it difficult thereafter. They looked quite solid against Italy but you have to have a bit of luck when you're drawn in 'The Group of Death'.

Rooney's a very special talent - there's no one quite like him. I just hope there's no reaction to his pre-tournament injury. We've just lost Owen. He's injured both the medial and cruciate ligaments of his left knee and will be out for several months. Now we're left with a semi-fit striker, a 17 year old who's never played a Premiership match and.....Crouch (who's actually done well) in attack. Ecuador could cause us a few problems but we should win - there will be some serious questions asked if we don't progress.....VERY serious!

Checkout this goal from Rooney for Man U.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRD64...vs%20newcastle

And then
They went on to say
That the pearly gates
Had some eloquent graffiti
Like 'We'll meet again'
And 'Fuck the man'
And 'Tell my mother not to worry'
~ The Trapeze Swinger