View Single Post
Old 01-02-2005, 11:48 PM   #50
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by DekWannaBFlea) He is very unique and comes out with killer riffs,
Hello??? That makes him pretty damn great, IMO, because there are plenty of guitarists who are technically proficient but not very original.

Quote: AIC is good ill give em that, i enjoy alot of their toons, but they ARE not as insperational as you say they are. I never knew in the first place that bands were that much inspired from them. And i have never heard of anybody saying this besides any body on this forum. The RHCP's were very inspreational to Alternative music as we know it.

This isn't even an argument. And if all you have is Greatest Hits, you haven't heard the best of AIC. Go listen to Jar Of Flies, Sap or Dirt or Tripod. Get the Music Bank box set and listen to their demos before you go saying they haven't inspired anyone. Go to an AIC board or a Jerry Cantrell board or read some of the guitar mags in the last couple of years. Not that I put much creedence in what the media say, but finally, several of the mags have begun to recognize Jerry Cantrell's influence on today's guitarists, not to mention the influence of his vocal structures. Other artists have credited AIC as one of their influences.

And jango is right ON about Blues for the Red Sun. That album is gold.

Oh, and this isn't personal. It's just that I disagree with your contention that the RHCP are as influential as you say they are.