View Single Post
Old 01-02-2005, 02:32 AM   #46
DekWannaBFlea
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by jango) Your sheer ignorance is wonderfully and tragically displayed in this post. Alice-in-Chains inspired those bands through vocals, song structure and melody. If you can't hear that, than you don't deserve an opinion on the subject. Rolling Stone is not the paragon of musical critique. If you're looking to Rolling Stone for your musical preferences, I fear for you. Oliveri is incredible, end of discussion. R and Songs for the Deaf are two brilliant albums miles ahead of Californication and By the Way. If you refer to Tom Morello, THE greatest guitar player of the last quarter century as 'the guy in RATM', then you are not worth the time to read your posts, you ignorant slut, Jane.

OMG first i would like to say that if really didn't deserve to be called a ignorant slut. I am offended, considering i didn't even do anything to you. I am just answering your arguments that you made, thats what this thread is about now apparently.

To answer your argument you made is easy, have you ever heard of Blood Sugar sex magik? or any other early RCHP's albums? IF you ahven't you should because it really puts to shame anything the Queens of the stone age's bassist has put out. In fact tell me why he is so awesome, I have given examples of why Flea is a badass why don't you tell me why Olveri is a badass? Ill i can tell he is a root note player that plays fast.

I am the biggest RATM fan you will ever meet. But saying Morello is the best guitarist this quarter of last century is just so wrong. Ever hear of Peturci from Dream theater? Ever heard of Santana? Micheal Hedges? Jimmy Page? Slash? The list goes on. Morello is one of my favorite guitarist of all time but he is by no means as good as you say he is. He is very unique and comes out with killer riffs, but there are many others that are better than him.

AIC is good ill give em that, i enjoy alot of their toons, but they ARE not as insperational as you say they are. I never knew in the first place that bands were that much inspired from them. And i have never heard of anybody saying this besides any body on this forum. The RHCP's were very inspreational to Alternative music as we know it.