Thread: whos right?
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2003, 12:14 PM   #17
mysacrifice411
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Sorry I was so late in replying to all of your attacks on me standing up for what I believe in, but...

You guys mentioned something like there must be different attributes to God or something because many cultures have different beliefs. Just because somebody believes it, it makes it true? If I go off and start a religion that worships the disembodied nose of Michael Jackson, then *POOF* there pops up a god like that? And Aimee, pardon me for professing my beliefs, I didn't know I was intentionally harming others by stating Christ is King and Lord of all. I'll be careful...the next step, according to you, is plane hijacking. (I ask you: What kind of a man does not stand up for what he believes in? That's all I was doing. If I hurt you in some way, it was purely unintentional.) And, lastly, you said why do we worship a man who says only worship God. a) Christ possessed a mortal body, but He was conceived of the Holy Ghost, making Him half man, half God, in a way, so He was NOT "just a man". B) Christ CONSTANTLY gave the glory to God, that was His whole work to glorify the Father's name. c) We look to Christ for our salvation, because he is the way (he died for us, etc.), and because, as it was the Father's direction that sent Him to suffer for us, the Father is, in a way, directing our thoughts to Him, although, in my sect, we worship God just as much as Christ. Christ was a (part) mortal example here for us, so it is much easier for us to relate to Him and follow His example.

Look, if you guys don't want to hear what others believe in, or if you're going to shoot them down after they say what they think, I think you're on the more dangerous path than me. "Believe what you will, that is your right. But I choose to win, so I choose to fight."
--Chevelle, "Don't Fake This"

"It feels so good to reunite,
Within yourself and within your mind.
Let's find peace there..."
--Creed, "My Sacrifice"