View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 11:07 AM   #27
Faithwalker012
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Signs, Signs, Everywhere There's Signs

Thank you Truly. I hope I am breaking it into pieces, and I hope I'm making people think. When you read the Word and study for yourself, and allow the Word itself to flow smoothly it will. So much of what is taught in churches anymore, a lot of churches not all, but so much of it unfortunately starts with man's traditions and they then try to frame the Word around them, and it just doesn't work! Always test man's traditions and teachings and interpretations against the Word itself, and if you test it that way, you won't go wrong, or you shouldn't anyway. If you do, no doubt it was you that went wrong and not the Word itself. But, hey we're all learning and no one is perfect or knows everything.

But that does bring me to what should be my final little point here, and you know the more I think about, I don't know how far I can go with this. But the thing is, it is an example of people running with a theory and trying to fit scripture around it.

You have probably heard perhaps the notion that in Revelation that as Christ instructs John to write to the seven churches in Revelation Chapters 2 and 3. Then we come to Revelation 4, and some people point to this as the "rapture of the church" because we have this event, and then because there's no mention of the "church" after Revelation 3, it indeed is "raptured away" at that point. But what is the event in Revelation 4,and who is being addressed? You've got tostick with the Word and stick with the subject. We'll go to Revelation 4.

Revelation 4:1 After this I looked, and behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me, which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.
Who is the "I" here? It's the writer of the book of Revelation, John. It's not the church! It's not all believers or Christians! It's John, and only John!

Revelation 4:2 And immediately I was in the Spirit: and behold, a throne was set in heaven, and One sat on the throne.

Again, who is the "I"? It's John. John was called up to heaven so that he could see and write and record the book of Revelation, and what he saw. Don't try to go past that and interpret it as something else, when it's plain as day to anyone who will just let the Word flow that the only one "raptured up" if you want to call it that was John, not the church.

You know, John was writing the words of Jesus Christ Himself and writing what Christ told him to write to the seven churches. Christ found something negative or found fault with five out of the seven churches. That's over 70% of them. Do you think that if over 70% of the churches have problems and need to get their act together, that Christ is going to "rapture" them away? More to the point, did He say that to any of them? I mean, these are not the words of John, they're the words of Jesus Christ, written by John. What did Jesus say to one of the churches that He did approve of? What did he say to Smyrna?

Revelation 2:9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.
2:10 Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation 10 days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

Now does that sound like they're going to be raptured away to you? Does it sound like they're going to be happy and have an easy time of it and partying away up in heaven while people are going through hell on earth? No, it says that they will suffer a bit and cast into prison to be tried by the devil. What did Jesus Christ say when speaking about that time at the end in both Matthew 24 and Mark 13, also in Luke 21. In all three chapters it says, not maybe possibly some will be delivered up. It says that some WILL BE delivered up to give testimony, and that their own loved ones will be the ones who deliver them up! But that, as it says in Luke 21:16, some will cause you to be put to death, but then as it says in verse 18, not one hair on your head will perish. But there's your rapture theory, that's what Jesus Christ said to one of the churches He approved of, that you WILL BE delivered up and tried. So, who do you want to believe, Jesus Christ, or some man?

And, there might be some who say, but He says to the church of Philadelphia that He's going to keep them from the hour of temptation that comes upon the whole world, to try them that dwell upon the earth. (Rev 3:10). And, yes He does say that. But this trial that comes upon the whole earth, how are some kept from the trial and temptation? They've already been tried and tested by God and they don't find a single thing tempting about the Antichrist, or those who assist him. They know who he is, they know what he does, and they find him to be an abomination! The trial and the test is only for those who God isn't sure about. But you know what? He needs those that He is sure about to be here at that time, so that when they are delivered up, they can give testimony that is the Holy Spirit speaking through them. It's a testimony that every single person on earth will hear and understand in their own language, even in their own accent, if you will, all at one time. Only God's Spirit, the Holy Spirit can accomplish that. And when He does, there will be some who will be amazed and be like "Wow, this is truth spoken. This is God's Truth revealed." That's why those who are sealed with God's truth, they shouldn't want to go anywhere. That's the chance, that's the opportunity to really sock it to Satan, and to literally pull souls out of the fire, in some cases. What a time it will be. But it will be God and the Holy Spirit that does it, but He will do it through His children, not who want to fly away, but who instead take a stand, for truth, out of love... love for God, and love for His children.

Don't let man's theories sway you. Hey, a lot of them have good intentions. But you know what? Even men with the best of intentions are still capable of error. In God's Word, there is no error. So stick with that, and you'll be fine, you'll never go wrong, and you'll be blessed and approved of by God, by your Heavenly Father.

Jason