View Single Post
Old 01-31-2004, 06:38 AM   #19
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremonti_Fed) I don't think I'd be a good minister if people who know I'm Christian saw me headbanging with Iron Maiden... that's pure satanism...

I dunno about Slayer...and I'm not into Metallica, so I can give an opinion on them.
I can understand where U R coming from. Personally, I love the music cos of the sound. Some stuff I have had to throw out cos it obviously speaks against my best friend (J) and I wouldnt headbang along to that.

I have, however, helped a full on black metalhead, who also considered himself to be a satanist, find God through just hangin with him and chatting about music. We had common ground, and thru that we formed a friendship, and one night, God gave me a vision for him that really changed his situation. He was ready to commit suicide before that. Now he doesnt deny God and hopefully one day that may lead to a deeper relationship with Him. But I can tell U this much, he HATED Christians and wouldnt have given me the time of day if I didnt know the words to Angel of Death, or The Trooper. So for that guy's sake, I'm glad that I could relate to him and him to me. Know what I mean? Just a thought.

ROCK HARD!!!