Thread: Book of Mormon
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2004, 12:18 PM   #31
facelessman
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) No, I would never read the BOM all together cos there are way too many links to Joseph Smith (the founder)'s tie with the MASONIC! J.S.Jr. had a masonic jupiter talisman around his neck when he died. This talisman is documented in a magic book printed in 1801, as said to give the ability to call upon the celestial intelligences assigned to that particular talisman, to assist one in all endeavours. There were 3 names written on Joseph's talisman, and they were some of these spirits. It would give the wearer riches, favour and power. .
Do you believe in magic? haha

Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) I also wont read it cos I dont believe that Jesus, as mormons believe, had WIVES! I dont believe that he was married to Mary, Martha, and Mary Magdelene and had kids. How come Matthew Mark Luke and John never mentioned them???.
no we dont, who told you that? agian, anotherone of your false information

Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) I also belive that My Father who art in Heaven, is not on a planet near a mysterious star called Kolob, making celestial children as your beliefs insist! If that's the truth, I have drawn my own conclusion!.

no, thats not what kolob is. again youve been wrongly informed

Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) Your doctrine of the law of eternal progression also states:
As man is, God was
And as God is, man may become..

yeah, then what do we have to look forward to in Eternity?
Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) Mormon women cannot become god's only godesses, who's role it is to eternally bear children as one of many wives to a god-husband. This was the teaching in your church, unless they have changed it as well. .
no. wrong again. we believe in eternal married. meaning that when you get married here on earth, it lasts all eternity, and you can spent all eternity with you spouse and children. doent that sound good? spending all eternity with the ppl you love.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) Also concerning the vote that was taken to see whether Lucifer or his "brother" Jesus would become the saviour of this new world Earth, I dont understand how any mormon can say U follow the bible and then claim that Jesus said that everyone would be tested to be sure that they were worthy of living in Heaven again. Have U not read Romans? Go study it, or are U too scared?.
so what is this life for? its a probationary period.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) But its all okay now, whether true or not, cos an alive prophet is more important than a dead one, so U can change it all. They are allowed into the priesthood. And that breaks my heart!.
yeah, what does moses have to do with what we see in these days. moses was given revelation to deal with the issues of that day, and the prophet of today (Gordon b. Hinkley) is given revelation to deal with issues of these days.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) "We believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly."
Well that is just so convenient. Oh come on!!!! As far as your religion believes, every translation is apostate! Your Orson Pratt said himself, " Who in their right mind, could for one moment, suppose the Bible in it's present form to be a perfect guide? Who knows that even one verse of the whole Bible has escaped pollution..." So yeh, you guys can believe the Bible to be the word of God as long as its translated correctly! Or do U guys have your own translation of the Bible as well? I'd love to get my hands on it.
so youre telling me that it was not possible for wicked men to get their hands on the bible, and translate it as they please. news flash for you: it happened. many plain and precious things were taken out. plus, we dont discredit all translations of the bible. we do use the king james version.

so heres my conclusion. b4 you think you know about our religion, maybe you should read the book of mormon, maybe you should talk to missionaries, and maybe then youll find out the truth.
and ive seen more guts on 11 year old kids.
Have another drink and drive yourself home
I hope theres ice on all the roads
and think of me when you forget your seatbelt
and again when your head goes through the windshield.
Seventy Times Seven- Brand new

Last edited by facelessman : 03-09-2004 at 12:36 PM.