View Single Post
Old 03-14-2004, 11:06 PM   #1
Creed_Defaultgirl
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Megalomaniac.....

I'm sure most of you have heard the new Incubus song, Megalomaniac. (Spelling????????) What do you think of the way that they expressed their feelings on presidend Bush, since that is what it was directed to, and do you agree on putting these feelings in a song? Does it bring you to like Incubus more, less, just the same, never have liked them, etc. And what do you think of in the video it's practicly saying he is like hitler? Atleast that is what I gather from it.........

The way I see it, a song is to put how you feel about anything into lyrics and then made into music. So, I see nothing wrong with putting this into a song. It's the way they feel. If I were Incubus, I would have just made a public apperance saying that I thought Bush was a megalomaniac, (which I don't beleive), instead of expressing this into a song. I think that I don't like Incubus as much because of this, but I still like the band fairly well. I don't like the video to it. Yeah, a lot of people don't like what Bush has done, I am not one of them. I beleive he handled 9/11, and everything else that has happened well. There has been a lot of lives lost, and probably more to come unfortunatly. I beleive that comparing Bush to Hitler is way off. Hitler was out to kill specific races, that was definently wrong. The way I see it, Bush is doing what he can to stop terrorism, in our country and others. Sadam, and his two sons beat people, raped women, killed women, and men, and they just liked to terrorize people. I think it's a good thing they are gone. I was watching some show a few weeks ago, and one of the sons threatened his 'friend' to go get a duck or bird out of a pond, he started shooting bullets real close to the dude until he went out to get it, and he was laughing while he was doing it. Gee, let's have all this sympathy for people that do these kind of things to other people. I know that's not very Christian of me, I shouldn't be that way, but, it is how I feel.......Now, I think I have somewhat, somehow strayed from my origional subject! Okay, what I am saying, is I think Bush is trying to prevent these things from happening. No offence to you democrats, but sometimes I think if Bush had done what you want right now, You'd be griping for him to do something else. I may be wrong, I may not, I am expressing how I feel on this subject, and hopefully no one will be offended by what I have said.
"...My beaten heart is in your hands, What I really need is shelter, And a chance to relearn love, Teach me all over, All over to relearn love, Show me again, So I can relearn love, The comfort of your arms around me, Your tender hands caress my head, I lay beside you, I'm not worthy..."
Relearn Love~Scott Stapp