View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 06:57 PM   #12
XALTERBRIDGEX
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: I heard it, this is what I think...

Quote: (Originally Posted by revisfoot) My best friend works for a radio station here in town, and her let me hear "Overcome" this afternoon.

The live version is good, but the production that went into this song is amazing. It's very un-Creedlike, which, in this case, is a good thing. The guys had pretty much niched themselves into a sound with Creed, and I'm sure Kurzweig was a part of that.

"Overcome," has a totally different sound from any Creed song, and from any song the guys have been attached to (Scott's solo stuff, Alter Bridge, etc.).

I, for one, am very happy with this sound. It's a breath of fresh air on rock radio today. Tremonti shows how much of a guitar wizard he is. The timbre set by the drums and bass is amazing.

Scott's delivery of the vocal is energetic and amazing.

This song will catapult Creed back to the top of the ROCK charts. This is not Top-40, WAWO, OLB, DSD, Higher stuff. This is hard, heavy, and new.

I am excited.

I agree with you 100%. Thats what I love about Creed, They dont sing about getting high, getting drunk, F*king women etc. (its so played out). You can see the passion they have in the lyrics and in thier music and this song will be be number 1 on the rock charts!