View Single Post
Old 04-12-2006, 05:57 AM   #69
RalphyS
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Most in U.S. Favor Death if Saddam Is Convicted

Quote: (Originally Posted by Justify) This is not a very good argument. First of all, if you are right and there is no heaven or hell then I will never know any different after I die. But, if I am right and there is a heaven and a hell then you will know immediately after you die.

Yep, you'll die clueless, and I might meet a lot of interesting persons in hell, or maybe Budha was right and I will reincarnate or we both will end up in the muslim hell.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Justify) To be an atheist you have to have faith that the earth and universe appeared from nothing. To be a Christian I have to have faith that God was always here. Either way we both have to have faith in what we believe.

Wrong, science has calculated back to a moment of origin, a big bang theory, that seems credible. Do I know for sure, no, but I have yet to find a more solid explanation. What was before the big bang, I don't know, but most scientists think there was no before, since there was no such thing as time. I don't know, but I do not have blind faith in anything. Didn't the earth and universe appear from nothing in your book? The only difference is that you have faith that god made it appear from nothing, whereas I say 'I don't know' what the cause was for the origin, but I don't think it was anything described in any of the holy books that are around nowadays. I only have to deal with the question where did the universe come from, you have to deal with the question where did God come from? Does God have a God that created him?

Quote: (Originally Posted by Justify) Eye for an Eye was from the Old testement when God gave his law. These people had no law before this and needed some type of law to abide by..

Well let me educate you, as soon as people started living together, such a thing as laws came into existence.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Justify) I don't personally know where Judas is. It depends on if Judas really believed Jesus was the Son of God and had faith that he could forgive all sins. Only God knows our hearts.

Well it depends if you believe that it was Judas's mission to 'betray' God or not? Do you know that in the first gospel (Mark) Judas wasn't even personally mentioned as the 'traitor', it was just 'one of the twelve'.

Ralphy's Cool Music Site www.aowekino.nl