View Single Post
Old 01-10-2003, 10:26 PM   #100
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: Originally posted by ronda
Dogstar?  
Do you mean all of these posts you are writing on the subject of the Chicago show and you were not even there???????????

Yes, and I have a right, just as you do, TO STATE MY FRICKEN OPINION, so get off my fricken back about not being there. I felt as if I WERE there with the myriad posts on this show. Many others on this board who did not attend have done the same. That's what we do here. I happen to not agree with your opinion and vice versa. In the adult world, this is called debating.

Getting back to the subject at hand: I don't think it's at all comparing apples to oranges. There have been other things besides human frailty that have conspired to ruin a good game/concert...technical problems and the like. The Penn State show was riddled with mic problems, amps blowing out and a 20-minute power failure. The set was shortened and the band did their best to carry on despite all that. Granted, it's not the same as the lead singer showing up piss-ass drunk, but I didn't demand my money back because they at least finished the show. I've been to many a concert from other bands where technical problems sent the lead singer to the showers and we were left with less than half a show. Been to plenty of other shows where some band members were stoned, drunk, off-key, too. SHIT HAPPENS.