View Single Post
Old 09-05-2006, 03:11 PM   #15
Robin101
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: R.I.P. Steve Irwin

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) I know... this is terribly sad. I can't believe that people are making light of his death. Yes, he did have a dangerous job. But so do cops and soldiers. When one of them die, do you say "HAHAHAHAHAHAHA That's what he gets for chosing to be in harm's way!" I hope to God not.

Steve educated MILLIONS of people about creatures the global community deemed "frightening" and changed those perceptions.

I agree. I don't think I can put it any better than british wildlife expert David Bellamy who said "A family man, showman without equal, a conservationist who understood the real meaning of the word and a natural historian who understood the animals he worked with".

"Today, the world is a sadder place - but, thanks to his enthusiasm and talent, it is much wiser too".

The one thing I always noticed about Steve was his childish enthusiasm - you could always see it in his eyes. He had a passion for his work and just wanted us to experience it with him.

There certainly won't be a shortage of people telling his children what a 'great bloke' their dad was.

And then
They went on to say
That the pearly gates
Had some eloquent graffiti
Like 'We'll meet again'
And 'Fuck the man'
And 'Tell my mother not to worry'
~ The Trapeze Swinger