View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 11:29 AM   #2
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Reviews from Ultimate-guitar

I wouldn't call them shitheads just for having a different opinion, but I would say that they really don't know too much about guitar playing. The guitarists on TGD do a good job, but no way is either one of them better than Mark. Mark is easily one of the best guitarists in modern rock today. The GB guitarists aren't.

For those here who play guitar, have you checked out the tabs for TGD and Surround Me? Very simple tabs. With enough practice, even a beginner like me(who has been playing for maybe 6 months) could play those songs with ease. All it comes down to is rhythm. There is maybe a pull-off/hammer-on or two on those songs, but for the most part, they are really easy. Now compare that to, say, "One", "Higher" or "My Own Prison". These three songs have several pull-offs/hammer-ons, are played at a faster speed, and are much harder to play. They're more complex. I know, complexity doesn't always mean better, but I think in this case, it does. Mark can play far more complex and harder stuff(based on what I've heard) than the GB guys can. Probably explains why they did such an awful job with "Higher" at the Nascar awards.

As for the rest of the review, I don't have a problem with it. I think the vocals on this album are good(but not as good as the HC/MOP days) and I think the lyrics are good as well(but not as good as the stuff on HC/MOP).

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!