View Single Post
Old 08-09-2007, 10:04 PM   #25
RMadd
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Everything about the album

Quote: (Originally Posted by creedmarine81) they are.. alter bridge dont get me wrong they are good, but not what Creed bought to music. Every album creed put out was the best.. it was what fans and music needed. Alter bridge? i bet half the fans wouldnt know who they are if it wasnt for creed. Sad but its the truth. Remember creed put out 4 number ones on their debut album while alter bridge had none. That speaks volumes doesnt it.

Reading reviews & articles online & talking to other music fans, I don't think Creed were as universally loved as you might think. Sure, Human Clay was 12x platinum, My Own Prison was the first debut album in history to have 4 #1 singles, etc. But most people (hint: you generally won't find them on this board) seem to agree that Creed destroyed music more than helped it. And most criticisms I hear are in regard to Stapp's bizarre behavior & personality traits (messianic poses, drug use, etc. etc. etc.), and not how much Tremonti/Flip/Phillips/(Hestla) sucked as musicians. But that's just my .