Thread: Jeremiah
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 12:05 AM   #37
Faithwalker012
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Jeremiah

And we continue in Chapter 11... hopefully I'll wrap it up.

Jeremiah 11:20 "But, O LORD of hosts, that judgest righteously, that triest the reins and the heart, let me see thy vengeance on them: for unto thee have I revealed my cause."

This was Jeremiah's prayer to our Father. What you must always have is the faith and the trust in our Father that when He sends you out to do something and He says He will be with you as He said to Jeremiah in the first chapter of this great book, you've got to believe that to be true. When He says no harm will come to you, guess what? If you have the faith in Him and if you do your best to do things His way, and repent when you do slip up and get up and go after it again, you can take it to the bank that He's going to protect you. The reins and the heart is the mind and the heart but you might also even think of it as the spirit and the soul. The soul being the real you and the spirit being your intellect, your thought process. I mean God knows you inside and out friend. If you don't have that faith to believe He's going to protect you if you're in His will, then work on it. It's all too easy sometimes to doubt in the flesh. But that's why you keep in His Word, and you talk to Him, every day. You communicate with Him just as you do your earthly father, or a loved one you can see. Well, hopefully maybe you're a little nicer to God, but I don't know. I'm joking a little. But He will take care of you, IF you do things His way.

Jeremiah 11:21 "Therefore thus saith the LORD of the men of Anathoth, that seek thy life, saying, Prophesy not in the name of the LORD, that thou die not by our hand:"

The thing about this is Anathoth means answer to prayer. Some answer, huh? These men of Anathoth want to kill Jeremiah. What's his crime? Spreading the Word of God. See, this was a priest's city. But what did the "religious leaders" yell out to Christ? They yelled "Crucify Him!" Do you start to hopefully understand the nature of these "inhabitants" of Jerusalem? They claim to be not that we had the word at the time but I'll use it at least today. They claim to be Christian... followers of God. But they want to kill those who are true followers of God and who teach His Word... whether it be Jeremiah, whether it be Christ, or whether it be someone today. They may not so much try to literally kill you in a physical sense... though that all depends. But they will certainly deceive you. And they will kill you spiritually if you listen to them and if you believe them. Why do you think Christ would say, "many shall come in My name" and that you are not to believe them? Friends, you've got one thing you can count on, and it isn't some man. It's your Father, and it's His Word.

Jeremiah 11:22 "Therefore thus saith the LORD of hosts, Behold, I will punish them: the young men shall die by the sword; their sons and their daughters shall die by famine:"

Again, this sword as mentioned before is Satan with his lies and this famine is the famine for hearing the Word of God. So don't get all shook up and think this is mass slaughter. Although, in the spiritual sense it kind of is. And again, that's much worse. Friends, the Word of God is precious. It saves lives. It brings families together and gives people peace of mind. And when one believes, it gives them eternal life. Those who would try to put a stop to it, mark them real well in your mind.

Jeremiah 11:23 "And there shall be no more remnant of them: for I will bring evil upon the men of Anathoth, even the year of their visitation."

God will wipe these false preachers and their lies out until there's nothing left... UNLESS they do some serious repenting. But for Him to do that, is that fair or just? You better believe it is. Friends, God's children are precious... especially their souls. For someone to mislead a soul, to march them right up to Satan when he arrives as Antichrist so that thinking he's Christ they worship him, that's a serious offense in God's eyes... a serious offense. But you know something? God really does love His children, and if they out of ignorance and from not being properly taught would worship Antichrist, then maybe, just MAYBE upon the Millennium they will learn and they will even come out of it saved and going to heaven. It won't be easy, because it's going to be at that point and time based on works and not faith. But thank God for it, and what a time that will be.

God bless,

Jason