Thread: Jeremiah
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012, 10:16 PM   #36
Faithwalker012
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Jeremiah

Good afternoon, and we continue on.

Jeremiah 11:15 "What hath my beloved to do in mine house, seeing she hath wrought lewdness with many, and the holy flesh is passed from thee? when thou doest evil, then thou rejoicest."

What God is saying and asking here is we have these people, and they are God's people in one very real sense because he refers to them as His beloved. But they come to His house, which is to say church, and they are not exactly chaste virgins which is what Christ wants in a bride. That is what we are supposed to be spiritually speaking. This is what Paul stipulates and it's how he says he wants to present "the church" to Christ.

II Corinthians 11:1 "Would to God ye could bear with me a little in my folly: and indeed bear with me."

II Corinthians 11:2 "For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ."

Now, what is it that would take one's virginity spiritually speaking? Well naturally it would be to fully commit to some other god, some other doctrine, to take part in worshipping and doing the work of some other god. Do you know why the mark of the beast is either in the forehead or in the right hand? What is in your forehead? Well, your brain is. Where are your thoughts focused? What is it that you believe? If you believe that the false Christ is the true Christ and actually would out of that deception love him, then you're marked. The mark of the beast is not some "bar code". It is not a computer chip... although that is not to say that those things won't be used when it comes to keeping track of who can buy and sell. But the mark itself comes in believing the lie, and you receive it in your hand when you start to work for him... helping his ministry along. Now, at that point you not only are not a chaste virgin, you're impregnated spiritually. Not a good thing.

But, getting back to the verse in Jeremiah, again we have God's people who have committed spiritual adultery, and God is basically saying, you're in My house, and you think that participating in ritual, offering your burnt sacrifices is going to please Me. Unfortunately it won't. Why? Well number one, as it says again in Hosea 6:6 God is not interested so much in burnt offerings. He's interested in our grace, which is to say our love. But number two, as it says at the end of this verse, when they do evil, they rejoice. Well why would that be? They don't know that it's evil. When Satan shows up pretending to be Jesus he's going to come off as lovey dovey as possible. They're going to be thrilled, because "Jesus is here". Only it's none other than Satan himself. Don't go running to the first "messiah" who shows up beloved. It will put you in a heap of hurt... it really will.

Jeremiah 11:16 "The LORD called thy name, A green olive tree, fair, and of goodly fruit: with the noise of a great tumult he hath kindled fire upon it, and the branches of it are broken."

[color="blue"]The olive tree and the oil that comes from it is very special to God's people. When one is sick, even spiritually sick, we are instructed to anoint them with oil and pray over them.

[James 5:14 "If any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:"

The oil that is used for anointing is olive oil. This is the oil of our people. But how is it that you have this flourishing, beautiful tree, symbolic of God's people, with these broken branches and in such a sorry state? Well, obviously with the sin and spiritual adultery. I can't help but think of John 15, the first few verses where Christ speaks of how He is the vine and the branches that abide in Him bear fruit and are pruned and sharpened up so they can bear even more fruit. The branches that do not wither and die and are cast in the fire. Naturally we're not talking about branches or trees, or bushes. We're talking about people. You either root yourself in and abide in Christ, or you're not going to produce fruit. You don't produce fruit, then I'm sorry... you're just not useful to Him, and if you're not in Him, you're not living. If you're not living in a spiritual sense, you might want to see about changing that. In fact, scratch the might. But those who abide in the false Christ... do you think they're living in a spiritual sense? The answer of course is absolutely not. You pull yourself away from the true vine and attach yourself to the false one, then that's a good way to die spiritually. That is not to judge... but let those who have a bit of wisdom consider it. /COLOR]

Jeremiah 11:17 "For the LORD of hosts, that planted thee, hath pronounced evil against thee, for the evil of the house of Israel and of the house of Judah, which they have done against themselves to provoke me to anger in offering incense unto Baal.

You know, some might say or ask why God would be so angry? Well, these are His people and He loves them. He made a covenant with them that He intends to be eternal. But when people do not even seem to have the time to get into His Word and read it for themselves, and are content to listen to a man or woman behind a pulpit talk to them about apples and easter eggs and flying away, when none of it is biblical, well unfortunately if people are not sealed in their minds with God's truth they will run right to Satan, because they both have not been taught and have not read that he comes first, and he probably will even say "I'm here to rapture you away." That's just a personal feeling, so consider it as such. But what a sad state of affairs, when God's people never quite get around to truly learning His Word. It does anger Him. It hurts Him. And unfortunately, it hurts people very bad.

Jeremiah 11:18 "And the LORD hath given me knowledge of it, and I know it: then thou shewedst me their doings."

This is God showing Jeremiah what the people are doing.

Jeremiah 11:19 "But I was like a lamb or an ox that is brought to the slaughter; and I knew not that they had devised devices against me, saying, Let us destroy the tree with the fruit thereof, and let us cut him off from the land of the living, that his name may be no more remembered."

You know it should be very evident that there's a type of Christ here in Jeremiah. These are Jeremiah's people and they want to kill him. But remember... we also have these "inhabitants" in the mix who are actually not of Judah. These same "inhabitants" were there shouting to crucify Christ as well.

Jason