View Single Post
Old 04-22-2008, 07:05 PM   #7
Scorpion King
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Anybody else kind of

I think that part of it is because alot of AB's fanbase, especially some of the newer fans, like AB without liking Creed at all. I belong to the Megadeth forums, and there are some people who see nothing good in Creed, but absolutely love AB's new album. Sure, AB's initial fanbase was undoubtedly made up of Creed fans, but they are more and more developing a distinctive fanbase separate than that of Creed. You've got to remember how much Creed was hated, with alot of that hatred being generated by Stapp's behavior and public persona. So I think that alot of AB fans nowadays who bash him may not be doing it because they blame Stapp for Creed's breakup, but because they never liked Creed in the first place, but have come to like AB. Also, the AB fans that do dislike Stapp because they blame him for Creed's demise just feed in and reinforce the dislike of him by other AB fans who have always hated him, as well as pushing AB fans who initially didn't like or dislike Stapp into thinking that he's a bad guy.