View Single Post
Old 07-02-2004, 05:35 PM   #1
whitebird
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Love For Animals

Today I was greatly offended by a woman who said that if she were the owner of my dogs, she would get rid of them. Her problem? They shed.

Loving, giving people do not speak like this. Animals who share our lives deserve better than owners who consider them disposable. I hope she never gets a pet, she does not have kindness in her spirit.

So, I'm going to tell one of my animal stories, to make myself feel better, and I would love to hear your "Love For Animal" stories too.

One day, my neighbor thought it would be a good idea to get the mail out of the box by the street, with her bird riding on her shoulder. Suddenly, the little bird flew off into the woods. Loving this little creature, she was very upset. I know it was not a good idea for her to have allowed her bird outside like this, but she made a mistake in judgment. She begged me to help her find it. She didn't need to ask me, I would always help a friend, and animal in need.

Searching the woods, it really seemed hopeless, as she was a green bird, in green woods. We called, and called for her, but she would not respond. Many birds will call back, when you use their name, but there was total silence.

Having babysat this little bird when my neighbor was on vacation, and visiting with her when I was at their home, I knew her little habits.

Suddenly, I knew what I had to do. Leaving my neighbor in the woods, I ran home, opened the fridge, and pulled out two cans of pop.

Running back to the woods, I told my neighbor to be totally quiet. I popped the first can open, and we heard her call. Heading for the area, and again standing quietly, I popped the second can. She again answered the sound of the pop can, and we found her.

You see, her favorite treat is a sip of pop. Whether of not this little habit is the best thing to give her, it did save her life.

Today, she lives a happy and spoiled life.