View Single Post
Old 10-07-2004, 09:38 PM   #42
DekWannaBFlea
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) ahhhhhhh, there's the good ol' Democrat rhetoric... if I'm not mistaken, everyone received a tax cut. after all, it is a lot easier to make reductions from a 39+% rate than from a 10-15% rate.

Did i say that everybody didn't get a tax cut? I guess you dam bush supporters like puting words in peoples mouth. THE TAX FOCUS IS THE RICH, ITS CALLED REGANOMINCS. And it isn't a good way to help the econ for that long term as i have stated before.

but why is it that important that we have a perfectly balanced budget? clinton did it, big freakin' deal. remember FDR? massive deficit spending (along w/ the war) helped us out in the Depression. i've never really heard a halfway decent explanation as to why deficit spending is so damn bad, let alone a good explanation. so if anyone thinks they can dazzle me, i'm waiting.

hmmmm why don't we just over spend what we have in our budget and destory out econ.......Ask anybody in politics why deficit spending is bad and they will tell you that it hurts the econ in the long run. What are you saying we should spend more money than we have? .....I love it when the FDR example is brought up, FDR's programs put us further in the depression, it's the war that saved us, learn history.

regardless, you should read my previous post. it gives a little bit of insight into presidents and their effect on the economy. and i do remember Bush, and not Al Gore, proclaiming, during the '00 campaign, we need to be prepared for an economic recession. seems as though bush's economic advisors might know a thing or two more than those on "the other side"

And yet during clintons era we had the best econ out of both the bush's.....hmmm i wonder who knows more about econ.

i'd assume that by "address", you mean "pass legislation". if you mean "mention", read my previous remark. second, how is 9/11 a mark for the economy? wait, check that. read this following headline (the headline proves you're wrong) http://www.cnn.com/2001/ALLPOLITICS/06/07/bush.taxes/ see the date? i'm not trying to be an asshole, but when you go spouting off info without doing any research, well that just pisses me off.

I can't read the link, but ill take it back, he did do something for the econ, but not for the long term econ.

i guess the economy is slowing. after all, we're not experiencing the same through-the-roof inflation of 8 years ago or so. that's just bad, when there's that much inflation. this here is what I like to call, alternatingly, "reality" and "the economy correcting itself". even greenspan doesn't have that much to do w/ it. if you look at the stock market dating back to its inception, you'll find it, more or less, runs in cycles. the economy runs in cycles. http://www.thestreet.com/basics/gett...ed/999841.html

1.If the econ runs in cycles how can bush effect it? That controdicts your post.

2. Inflation is still rising during the bush term.....and oil prices are the highest they have ever been in the 90's.

Sorry i haven't gotten to this before, i have been very busy. I don't like Kerry or bush. But i would rather have kerry than bush.

Last edited by DekWannaBFlea : 10-07-2004 at 09:47 PM.