View Single Post
Old 10-05-2004, 12:27 PM   #41
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: But we didn't help the situation by saying we wouldn't do bilateral talks, and saying that we are going to restarting nuclear testing, which bush wants to do.

The reason we dont have to and the reason North Korea wont do anything is, accroding to the UN, if North Korea does any Nuclear testing - it is China's, South Korea, Japan, and Russia's obligation to strike him back. Even if his nuclear tests were dont on his own land, it is thier obligation to strike him back with the same nuclear weapons.

Quote: 1. He didn't address the deficit, he just ignored it and gave tax cuts to the riches of people.

That has got to be one of the stupidest argument i've heard of yet. To make things worse, no one can provide evidence to back that up.

Quote: Not my rights but the rights of others, and even if you make the claim that nobody's rights have been violated by the patriot act it is still the principle that counts. Giving too much power to one branch of the government is a very bad idea. (I.E. Checks and Balances)

There is nothing new with the Patriot Act, that Washington hasnt seen before. For the uninitiated... everything in the contents of the Patriot Act has been introduced into both houses of Congress by the FBI in the past. The FBI has requested these specific rights and at one point or another they were either shot down or edited. In reality YES the FBI does need the Patriot Act. The problem with that is that when the FBI requested those rights, it was during a time in which it needed them and it only requested a select few at a time. So those that question what is the deal about the Patriot Act, the big deal is that it has now recieved everything is has requested in the past -- just this time all at once.