View Single Post
Old 10-03-2004, 10:45 PM   #34
RMadd
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by DekWannaBFlea) 1. He didn't address the deficit, he just ignored it and gave tax cuts to the riches of people.
ahhhhhhh, there's the good ol' Democrat rhetoric... if I'm not mistaken, everyone received a tax cut. after all, it is a lot easier to make reductions from a 39+% rate than from a 10-15% rate.

Quote: (Originally Posted by DekWannaBFlea) 2. He could cut spending in order todeal with the deficit
but why is it that important that we have a perfectly balanced budget? clinton did it, big freakin' deal. remember FDR? massive deficit spending (along w/ the war) helped us out in the Depression. i've never really heard a halfway decent explanation as to why deficit spending is so damn bad, let alone a good explanation. so if anyone thinks they can dazzle me, i'm waiting.

Quote: (Originally Posted by DekWannaBFlea) 3. He didn't inherit a "lousy" econ it was slowing down but it wasn't lousy.
regardless, you should read my previous post. it gives a little bit of insight into presidents and their effect on the economy. and i do remember Bush, and not Al Gore, proclaiming, during the '00 campaign, we need to be prepared for an economic recession. seems as though bush's economic advisors might know a thing or two more than those on "the other side"

Quote: (Originally Posted by DekWannaBFlea) 4. He didn't address this "lousy" econ even before 9/11, so i doesn't matter.
i'd assume that by "address", you mean "pass legislation". if you mean "mention", read my previous remark. second, how is 9/11 a mark for the economy? wait, check that. read this following headline (the headline proves you're wrong) http://www.cnn.com/2001/ALLPOLITICS/06/07/bush.taxes/ see the date? i'm not trying to be an asshole, but when you go spouting off info without doing any research, well that just pisses me off.

Quote: (Originally Posted by DekWannaBFlea) 5. Bush has nothing to do with the recent incresing econ (even though it is slowing, but that doesn't matter) Alan greenspan has everything to do with the increasing econ, his low interest rates helped out the econ.
i guess the economy is slowing. after all, we're not experiencing the same through-the-roof inflation of 8 years ago or so. that's just bad, when there's that much inflation. this here is what I like to call, alternatingly, "reality" and "the economy correcting itself". even greenspan doesn't have that much to do w/ it. if you look at the stock market dating back to its inception, you'll find it, more or less, runs in cycles. the economy runs in cycles. http://www.thestreet.com/basics/gett...ed/999841.html