Thread: Jeremiah
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2011, 04:09 PM   #6
Faithwalker012
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Jeremiah

7:8
Behold, ye trust in lying words, that cannot profit.

It's a sad thing indeed when these lying words come from what is supposedly "the temple of the LORD". But whether it comes from a church, a scholar, your neighbor, your best friend, if it contradicts God and His Word it does not profit you.
7:9
Will ye steal, murder, and commit adultery, and swear falsely, and burn incense unto Baal, and walk after other gods whom ye know not;

Now the religious community did murder and steal. They murdered the prophets, they crucified Jesus Christ. They also ripped people off to fill their own pockets in the name of religion. But this committing adultery and all accusations afterward are in the spiritual connotation. God took Israel to wife and He also takes the body of Christ as His bride. When one goes after other religions and gods and worships or gives reverence to them, then they commit spiritual adultery. Also leading others to do the same when you're a priest, pastor, whatever is basically committing a spiritual murder of their soul. It doesn't mean those people are going to hell necessarily, as God can restore life to them with truth. But again, if you're going to "preach" you had better make sure you're leading your flock down the path of heaven and not the other way around.
7:10
And come and stand before me in this house, which is called by my name, and say, We are delivered to do all these abominations?

Right in the "church" these things were going on. Let me ask, do you think it's any different today? Churches don't build idols today and worship them. But they can't or won't teach truth chapter by chapter and verse by verse in God's Word. I'm not saying every church, but unfortunately there are many. They rob hungry souls from hearing and being fed the real truth and the meat of the Word and these gentle souls hear and learn little more than salvation, salvation, salvation when they're already saved. They become "politically correct" because the Word becomes a stumbling block to them to where they would rather make friends and not offend then speak out against that which God Himself calls an abomination. Some even allow those abominable things to not only take hold in their church but lead the flock. Friends, homosexuality is not the unforgivable sin and if a person realizes that they have a weakness and come for help and to be forgiven, then by all means welcome them. But if they continue in unnatural acts, don't expect to be blessed if you actually appoint them pastor, priest, bishop, deacon, whatever the case may be.
7:11
Is this house, which is called by my name, become a den of robbers in your eyes? Behold, even I have seen it, saith the LORD.

Christ Himself referred to this in Matthew 21:12-13 when he drove the money changers out of the temple. These money changers were selling mite infested doves to be used as sacrifices in God's own house. If you think Jesus is gentle, well He is. But when it comes to people ripping off and robbing his people, in a literal sense, or especially in a spiritual sense, He does not like it one bit. He drove those money changers out of that temple with force, with a cat of nine tails. God will not stand for being mocked or having His people taken advantage of by people who claim, "But I am doing the Lord's work". Especially not in a church that calls itself Christian.
7:12
But go ye now unto my place which was in Shiloh, where I set my name at the first, and see what I did to it for the wickedness of my people Israel.

Shiloh was one of the biggest disasters in all of the Old Testament. It was a place where God did set His name first and it meant place of rest. Jerusalem actually means habitation of rest. But in Shiloh there was a judge by the name of Eli. Eli himself was not a bad man but he had two rotten sons Hophni and Phineas. They were priests in name only for they abhorred the offering of the Lord (1 Sam 2:17) and even laid with women at the door of the tabernacle (1 Sam 2:22) In Chapter 4 of 1 Samuel everything bad basically happens at once. Israel is routed by the Phillistines in battle. The ark of the covenant is taken. Hophni and Phineas are killed in battle. Eli is informed of this by one who escaped and ran from the battlefield and falls from his seat and breaks his neck and dies. Eli's daughter-in-law hears of all this and dies in childbirth, namind her son Ichabod which means "Where is the glory" because the glory was taken from Israel just like that. God is telling these church people,I've done it before and I will do it again if you don't change.
7:13
And now, because ye have done all these works, saith the LORD, and I spake unto you, rising up early and speaking, but ye heard not; and I called you, but ye answered not;
God has called out to His people again and again. Through the prophets, through some of the good teachers today, and of course through His word. Don't be one of those who hears not and answers not. He loves you and He doesn't speak just to hear Himself. He wants to bless you, He really does. But you have to meet the conditions.
7:14
Therefore will I do unto this house, which is called by my name, wherein ye trust, and unto the place which I gave to you and to your fathers, as I have done to Shiloh.

Jerusalem would go into captivity for 70 years to Babylon and Media-Persia
7:15
And I will cast you out of my sight, as I have cast out all your brethren, even the whole seed of Ephraim.

The whole seed of Ephraim is the 10 northern tribes or the House of Israel. At this time they were already in captivity to the Assyrians. Friends you can only go into captivity if you disobey or disregard God. That even goes for individuals today as we come on the time in which Antichrist is going to appear Get into His word, put on the gospel armor, and seal your mind with His truth so that even as most of the world does go into captivity you are free and well protected and provided for.