View Single Post
Old 05-06-2006, 11:04 PM   #20
HuMaN~ClAy
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Something is amiss

i seen him in Toronto, and it was honestly an amazing show. i loved every minute. but i was right in front and with everyone singing it was actually hard to pick out his voice. i did notice lots of strain in One Last Breath and MOP. but he has done a number of shows since the cd release they truely showcased his voice, such as those acoustics he did for nascar. his voice was so bad in those i honestly turned it off.

i'm not trying to bash him here. i'm a huge fan, and will buy any material he ever releases and go to every single concert i'm able to go to. but in all honesty i don't see him picking up many new fans on this. for one his music is pretty different than that of INXS. one of the reasons i loved breaking point when i seen them with scott was because their type of music is what i listen to and what i enjoy.

playing to an audience who probably doesn't like his grunge creed sound, or his optomistic great divide sound, when his voice is no longer what it used to be is what makes me think this won't go over so well for him... however, i do think opening for another band more suited to his sound would be very good for him, just not INXS.

sorry for this post haha, it got long and out of control real fast...