View Single Post
Old 02-21-2006, 10:54 AM   #48
Justify
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Mark's "pieced together pawn shop band" Quote

I've read through this post and I can't believe all the people who are upset that Stapp is going to be playing Creed songs at his concerts. Many artists who have went solo play their old music. Would you expect to go to a Paul McCartney concert and not a hear a Beatles or Wings song? Would you expect Sting not sing some of his music from the Police? When Lennon was alive would you have expected him not to play "Lucy in the Sky". Most solo artist play their old stuff as well as their new. I don't see the big deal. We know it won't be the same as it would be if Mark were playing with him but I think he has the right to sing the ones he wrote. Just as Mark has the right to play the ones he wrote.

The Gone Blind guys should have never told Mark they wouldn't play Creed songs if they intended to... But I don't see a problem with them playing Creed songs with the lead singer of Creed.

Personally I don't care about the promises Scott and Mark made to each other about performing Creed songs. They probably broke many more promises because of the break up. The fact is that they don't answer to each other any more. Why would I care about a promise I made to someone who I no longer associate with?

I think both guys a great artists. Both guys have probably broken promises. Neither are perfect. I don't hold either on a pedistal.

Last edited by Justify : 02-21-2006 at 11:04 AM.