View Single Post
Old 03-31-2005, 04:23 AM   #14
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by - hayley -) I haven't really been following her story, and it's only been featured on New Zealand news a couple of times. In my opinion, her condition saddens me, how can you want to fight for your life when there is nothing to it, as horrible as that says it's true. She has nothing, I think there is no point in living when you are in the state that she is.

I say just let her rest in peace, but I guess if her family wants to keep her alive everybody has to respect that, but to me it's cruel.

You have a point but isn't the result a slippery slope? What kind of life does the 90 year old man have who can't feed or bathe himself but is otherwise functioning fairly normally? What is the limit? Are we no longer human when we can't do things for ourselves? If so when does a baby become human? Human babies are COMPLETELY defenceless for at least the first year of their lives if not longer.

As I said I think Bush is a massive hyprocrite because he was governor when his state killed so many albeit convicted men and he led his country into an immoral war. I don't know it saddens me to think of any friends or relatives in the state she is in.......
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie