Thread: Book of Mormon
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2004, 11:10 PM   #74
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
It seems as though no new arguments are coming up, so why don't we all just agree to disagree? You guys believe one way, we believe another, other people believe other things still. The team of creedsister, Sincirr, SleeplessAngel, and Luke4488 and the team of Facelessman and Higher_Desire will never reach an agreement. Why don't we lay this to rest? Mormonism is not perfect, and doesn't claim to be, but it works for me. It's not what everyone chooses.

Article of Faith #11: We claim the privledge of worshipping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own contience, and allow all men, the same privledge, let them worship how, where, and what they may.

And, yes, I have seen the Godmakers. It is full of partial truths, that when examined further, are false understandings. The ex-mormons that were in it did not have a firm grasp on the teachings of the church, and were swayed. If I truly am headed into a cultlife... well then, it's my choice, but I believe that God loves me. He sent his son to die on the cross for my sins. Jesus Christ rose from the dead to bring about the oppertunity for us all to live again. What I do, I do through my own free-will. I am not ashamed. As it has been noted by President Gordon B. Hinckly: "If the Prophet Joseph did indeed decieve the world and all teaching of the Book of Mormon are false, then it is the grandest lie that has ever been told on any scale, eluding over 12 million people in just over 150 years. If the Book of Mormon is false, this whole church is a fraud. But if it is a true revelation, than this is the greatest work that has ever taken place in this or any dispensation."

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"

Last edited by Higher_Desire : 03-11-2004 at 11:18 PM.