Thread: friend or foe?
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2004, 08:26 PM   #4
hayley
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Hmm, this is sort of like a situation that I have recently been in. My best friend of 3 years, suddenly started changing, and I didn't like the person she was becoming. I couldn't believe the way she was changing, starting to get drunk every weekend, smoking pot, wagging school, being bitchy to everyone. Her behaviour was shocking, and I thought that I didn't want to be around somenoe that acted like that, I wasn't going to let it rub off on me.

So one day I wrote her a letter telling her how I felt, that I didn't want to be her friend anymore. I knew that people can't change who they are, so I didn't back down. Obviously she didn't take it very well, as we had been the best of friends for the past 3 years. She threatened to beat me up, get me back, blah blah blah. But I ignored that all, now she is not my friend and I am glad because while I am back and watching it all, she is a bitch. I am better off now without her than I ever was with her.

This might be how your friend feels about you? I'm not taking sides or anything, and I know that it must be hard to deal with, but maybe you should try talking to her? And if she doesn't want too, if she really is sticking to her guns, maybe you should just let her go. These things happen, people change, and once they have, you can't really change them back.
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006