Thread: Dream Theatre
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2004, 09:17 AM   #21
JenRN
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Well I went to the show in Philly Friday night. It was a totally different experience for this avid concert goer. All I have to say is WOW!!!!! You definately go for the music. They are so talented it is insane. John Petrucci, well he is the MOST incredible guitarist I have ever seen live, and yes this means over Tremonti (sorry). He was insane, the riffs, the melodies UNREAL!!! But I do have to say you go for the music and NOT the singing. The lead singer is "fair" but the music blew me out of the water. They are Julliard and Berkeley educated musicians. The crowd of people were so different as well. I was probably one of 5-6 women there, out of 3,000 people. It was a crowd of mostly "Tech TV science people" you had your nerdy Dungeons and Dragons types and then your preppy Hard Bangers all in one. It was cool and I am glad I went. It was a totally different experience. It was in a Theatre with roman colums etc.. so it made the ambience even better. Philly well....... that is a different story, I was not too impressed with that city.

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"