View Single Post
Old 09-12-2005, 08:35 PM   #3
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I love hearing the stories, and how much the families need the help. I ALWAYS cry, plus I like to see the "themed rooms" for the kids, it's great. Some are more emotional then others, but last night was about the first woman soldier to die in Iraq, 2 years ago, Lori Piestewa, she was Jessica Lynch's roomate, and was actually taken hostage at the same time she was, but didn't live to be rescued, like Jessica was. Leaving behind 2 kids with her parents. She was a single mom, and was living in a trailor that was not even meant to be a permanant home, and they had been living there for 30 years. It was very worn down. Lori and Jessica were best friends and made a pact to eachother to watch after the other one's family, should anything happen to either one of them, and Jessica nominated them, and they got a beautiful 4000 sq ft home on 5 acres of land and 50,000. It was very emotional. There were a lot of details, it was 2 hours long, but a very touching story, and the kids were just SO DARN cute.