View Single Post
Old 10-12-2002, 11:02 PM   #17
Read JDM
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
As others in this thread have already alluded to, Creed is an unpopularly popular band in the USA. They sell far and away the most records of any modern rock group, and they're known to have the largest fan base, but yet you'd be hard-pressed to find a fan if you looked for one at random. In fact, I only know of two people who like them, one being my brother, the other being his best friend.

They've suffered, so to speak, from this false perception that they're a Christian band, when, in fact, they're a band that happens to be comprised of people with Christian backgrounds who are willing to touch upon issues of faith and consequence in their songs. In truth, a Christian band is a band with a Christian agenda (for better or worse, depending on your tastes and philosophies), and so, Creed is not a Christian band. Still, people will believe what they want to believe, and it's drawn a real line between those who like Creed and those who don't. There's not much of an in-between to speak of.

This is the only reasonable explanation for the fact that plenty of people who don't like them sincerely seem to hate them. I mean, I know of a good number of people who like bands and songs very similar to Creed but yet they despise Creed, and there's nothing else I can think of that would make them dislike Creed like they do. It's a shame, too, because Creed kicks major ass.