Thread: Gone Blind
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2006, 06:05 PM   #1
bartpr
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Gone Blind

This is a first time to post.

I got on yahoo, and found a post on this site back in june of 2005 about how Mark had called Gone Blind (stapps new band) a "pawnshop band", because they told him they would not play any creed songs with stapp. I can definetely see why he would get pissed because he said alterbridge was not going to play Creed songs. But, hey, isn't the band the one that broke this thing up in the first place? Would you really want to go see Scott live, and NOT here any Creed songs? I was a huge Gone Blind fan! In 96, I saw them play at the Westhiemer Art Festival in houston. the music was so hard, so crisp and so well organized, i was hooked. I followed the band for about 3 years, until they got rid of the original singer because he was always late for the gigs. after that i kinda lost touch with them until about 2001 or 2002 (hell i can't remember, burned too many memory cells). i saw them on a side stage at a creed concert. I was so excited to learn they were still around. after that, everytime i saw creed, wether on a t.v. event concert or in interviews, mark was wearing a "gone blind" t-shirt. now, a few years later i see gone blind backing stapp at the NASCAR championship awards. Man, i really got excited for them after that.

I guess my point is that gone blind was and is a very good band. they have worked their ass off to get to this point in their careers. if mark is pissed because they play creed songs, then he needs to ditch that shitty alterbridge singer and get stapp back, because like it or not, stapp is the sound of creed. When I go see stapp, i want to here creed stuff as well as his new stuff. gone blind is a good band, and they need to do what it takes to catipolt their careers. I think anyone would do it the same way.