View Single Post
Old 12-23-2004, 11:17 PM   #43
jango
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by DekWannaBFlea) Please tell me how those bands are inspired by AIC.

refrences to Rollingstone,but even they agree that Californication is good, on the top 500 list of rock albums of all time.

Like i said, Rolling stone said them self that Califonication was in the top 500 albums of all time, and again ill have to quote another source
http://www.digitaldreamdoor.com/page...albums90s.html

number 31. hmmm i guess i am not the only person that agrees.

And with the RATM example, the guitar playin doesn't sound the same yes, but what about the bass? or what about the drums? What about the rapping? pretty similar to their older stuff.

Your sheer ignorance is wonderfully and tragically displayed in this post. Alice-in-Chains inspired those bands through vocals, song structure and melody. If you can't hear that, than you don't deserve an opinion on the subject. Rolling Stone is not the paragon of musical critique. If you're looking to Rolling Stone for your musical preferences, I fear for you. Oliveri is incredible, end of discussion. R and Songs for the Deaf are two brilliant albums miles ahead of Californication and By the Way. If you refer to Tom Morello, THE greatest guitar player of the last quarter century as 'the guy in RATM', then you are not worth the time to read your posts, you ignorant slut, Jane.
"Nineteen hundred and forty-six. Nineteen forty-six, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works."