View Single Post
Old 12-21-2004, 09:11 PM   #35
DekWannaBFlea
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by jango) You are truly misguided. RHCP had little influence over Rage. Morello's guitar is light years ahead of Frusciante and Flea combined. NEVER place those two bands on the same loft. They do not belong together. Californication is not the band's best work, let alone anywhere near the top 30 of the last decade. Not even close... top 300, maybe... maybe. But even that's a stretch.

Bands inspired by Alice in Chains/Layne Staley:
Monster Magnet
Candlebox
Kyuss - bassist rivals Flea
Deftones
Creed - on many levels
Velvet Revolver
Foo Fighters
Queens - Nick Oliveri OWNS flea, end of discussion
Fu Manchu
Seven Mary Three

The peppers stirred a bit in the 80s, I'll give you that, but they faded into medicority in the 90s.

Please tell me how those bands are inspired by AIC.

LOL, where are you coming from? the peppers are still out their and kicking, you just don't listen to much alternative. Like i said Californication is considered a badass album, I hate to make refrences to Rollingstone,but even they agree that Californication is good, on the top 500 list of rock albums of all time.

And to say that Ovlieri owns flea is the dumbest thing i have ever heard. I am a bassist and i have covered a QOTSA song, all he does is play f'ing root notes. Have you ever seen Flea play solos? Ever seen him play funk bass lesson that is on Kazza? I doubt you have Olveri is not considered a uper badass except to you, you want some people who agree with me?

http://www.digitaldreamdoor.com/page...assguitar.html

There is one example, where is Ovlieri on that list? I don't see em.

Like i said, Rolling stone said them self that Califonication was in the top 500 albums of all time, and again ill have to quote another source
http://www.digitaldreamdoor.com/page...albums90s.html

number 31. hmmm i guess i am not the only person that agrees.

And with the RATM example, the guitar playin doesn't sound the same yes, but what about the bass? or what about the drums? What about the rapping? pretty similar to their older stuff.