View Single Post
Old 08-26-2005, 05:57 PM   #21
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Well, I called the vet this afternoon and he crashed again this morning. His veins are to worn out to insert another catheter for IV injections of Dextrose, but they have been feeding him with the medicine syringe every hour. They suggested either having him go to the 24 hour emergency clinic to continue treatment, or I could bring him home and watch him very closely, which is what I have decided to do. They close at 7pm and I am going there at 6:30 to learn how to feed him, and I will have to do this every hour, day and night to keep his blood sugar up. They have run every possible test associated with this and they have all come back normal, so this is something he will grow out of. I even went and did some internet research and found a list of tests to run when this happens, and it is exactly what the vet did. I also found that it is common in small toy breeds to have Hypoglecemia. It said that Papillons are apt to get it up to 4 months of age. It is Daniel's weekend to take this kids, so I will have all weekend to take a run at this, and give Ajax my undivided attention, which I feel is good, because I need to "know" what I am doing when I am juggling the kids and Ajax. I am not working now, so it should work out in the sense that I don't have to get up and go to a day to day job. I am keeping my fingers crossed that he pulls out of this. I hope all of you will, too. He needs prayers. I may not have as much time to post now, but I will keep you updated. I get him in an hour and a half.