View Single Post
Old 11-05-2005, 01:14 PM   #94
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Well I'm sure everyone has been DYING to hear what I thought of it... lol

So anyway I haven't listened to the whole thing yet. Could only stomach so much at a time. But anyway I was surprised three ways:

First, it didn't sound anything like I expected it to. This was a neutral surprise. While I'm glad it was heavier than I thougt it would be, it just falls into the same old same old genre that everyone has heard a gabillion times.

Second, I was REALLY surprised by Scott's voice. I thought it sounded REALLY bad. And I'm not just saying that either. It doesn't sound anywhere near up to par with Creed's albums.

Third, I was pleasently surprised by the instruments. The rythym section was of course totally boring, especially the drums (this is just a given in modern rock. the drums and bass suck), but the guitar was actually pretty decent. I was definitely a little shocked by some of the riffs. not bad at all.

The things that didn't surprise me were the lyrics. Bah. Maybe they were a bit worse than I thought they were going to be. Plus they didn't... fit well. Like, in "Fight Song", it seems like he has to twist the words to get them to fit. I dunno. So yeah I was expecting bad lyrics but not quite that bad.

All in all I was pleasantly surprised by the non-Stapp parts and dissapointed by the Stapp parts. And that is a pretty big deal cuz as you guys know, I was expecting NOTHING out of Stapp. I did think, though, that his VOICE would sound a bit better... Heaven help the souls who have to hear him live...

So in all, I would never recommend it to anyone. Unless they loved Creed. Then I would definitely recommend it.