View Single Post
Old 04-16-2005, 04:07 PM   #28
fluttergirl
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
you dont know why?
chris cornell is a vocal god, regardless of any comparisons to anyone. that is a widely acknowledged FACT. he has played an instrumental role in rock music, and continues to do so. he came from one of the 90's best bands, Soundgarden, and continues to carry a presence on stage. yes, a lot of his range has gone. yes, his voice has deteriorated. but i dont know what shows you went to, but i have clips on my computer of live shows that are fricking ridiculous.
tom morrello is ALSO widely acknowledged as one of the best. he can play classic rock, new age, whatever. his skills are simply insane. people didnt believe that the things on the audioslave CD were him, but thought that they were tinkered with by some kind of computer/synthesizer. he did it all with his guitar.
he also has had an extremely successful solo career raising political awareness in kids and adults alike.
brad wilk and tim cummerfold are ALSO widely acknowledged as some of the best at what they do.
Tom, Brad and Tim came from RATM, ANOTHER influential band from the late 90s, with a nealy cult-like following.
if you dont like them fine, but i see no reason why their lead should come as any suprise, or how you could possibly find them OVERrated.

-Amber

"A person should not believe in an "-ism," he should believe in himself."
-Ferris Bueller