Thread: Mayfield Four
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 03:36 PM   #43
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) I like Nickelback's "Someday" and "How You Remind Me". Don't care for the rest though.

I didn't mind those two at first--even liked "Someday"--but once they got played to death, it just ruined it for me because the songs weren't that great in the first place. With Creed, I can hear "Higher" a thousand times and never get tired of it. I think that's a testament to how much I love the lyrics, vocals and music to that song. I can't say the same for a lot of the other "rock" bands who are popular right now, because a lot of it just all sounds the same. More and more I find myself going back in time to find good stuff from the 80s/90s, since a lot of the stuff currently popular is just so bland and boring. I guess I'm tired of a lot of the generic rock out there today, all the bands trying to copy Pearl Jam or Nirvana or Creed or Soundgarden or *insert popular 90s/00s band here*. I just hope that more original bands like Foo Fighters, Audioslave etc. come along and dominate rock radio, because I'm getting pretty irritated with hearing Nickelback, Hinder, 3DD, 10 Years and Seether everytime I turn on the radio...

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!