View Single Post
Old 06-21-2006, 03:19 PM   #41
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Alter Bridge Attacks

Quote: (Originally Posted by J-Man) You can't compare AB w/ Stapp - entirely different morals.

Gotta love the judgment there, eh? Yeah, Stapp's done a bunch of ridiculous things, but I find it hilarious that people are so quick to convict Stapp and yet so ready to take what AB says as the absolute truth. All I'm saying is this is a double-standard, something I find quite funny. I personally take what both sides say with a grain of salt. Who knows who is telling the truth and who is not?

Quote: (Originally Posted by J-Man) Besides, why is it that Stapp's name always come up when it has nothing to do with him? He's old news.

It was merely an example on my part of the double-standard thing.

Quote: (Originally Posted by J-Man) Ana was trying to say that the AB band members were involved, well they weren't, that is why I put the post up.

If you looked closely enough at her posts, you'd see she was merely joking around with Chase. If you've seen the debates those two have had in the Politics forum, you'd get the joke.

Quote: (Originally Posted by J-Man) I never called anyone an idiot nor did I say they are non-AB fans. That was YOU not me.

I felt like your post disrespected Ana. And I said so. I never called anyone an idiot, simply said that I felt like you were disrespecting those of us who don't take AB's side as the complete truth.

Quote: (Originally Posted by J-Man) And lastly, if I disagree or can provide some "evidence" to something - I CAN DO SO. I don't care who's been on here longer or posted more (just shows they have more time on their hands). If the person is misinformed - I AM ONLY TRYING TO ASSIST.

There's a huge difference between being misinformed, posting an opinion and joking. Ana probably DID see that post from AB, considering it has a thread of its own here. I doubt you reposting that same post changed Ana's opinion at all. Secondly, how do we know that everything AB said is the truth? We don't, which was my point all along. I just love how people can take AB's word as the gospel, yet dismiss every single thing Stapp says as lies. I refuse to live by that double-standard--even if I am a huge fan of AB.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) It could be just good time management skills

Exactly. I've been here for a year and a half. I have nearly 2,000 posts not because I have a ton of time on my hands(which I don't because I am incredibly busy with my hectic life off the PC), but rather that I post when I see something that interests me. I can find a tiny bit of time in my day to make a few posts here and there.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!