View Single Post
Old 10-05-2004, 12:32 PM   #13
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) No offense, but that's a little naive, don't you think? It may take years for that to happen, given that the news of the breakup is still just a few months old. We may have read the same "mantra" repeatedly, because we consult various sources for any news about the boys, but perhaps this writer has not written about Creed or AB before. Any editor who gets a story about AB without a mention of Creed would not be doing his or her job if he didn't ask the reporter to inquire about the breakup and what led to it, scripted or otherwise. It's the writer's job to ask those questions, as unpleasant as they may seem to be. Now, Mark doesn't have to answer them, but in all likelihood, the scrutiny and dogged questions just get more relentless the more quiet he is about the situation. I'm not saying that it's right, but it is reality.

naive...quite possibly...but it is still something that...in my opinion... would put a more positive spin on AB...of course, for those that never did/don't care for stapp, well, they are getting exactly what they want...

the writer may never have written a piece or interviewed Mark before...but i can guarentee you that the writer, in all probability, read the same things most of us have and knew exactly which buttons to push to get the answers that would keep focus on "the subject of the day" and sensationalize his interview...after all part of being a writer is research on the those you are interviewing...right?

it may be a writers job to ask questions...but at the same time...the answers that are given are completely up to the one being interviewed...by continuing to discuss stapp and the breakup in detail...no matter how little or how much info is given out...just continues to FEED those writers choosing to focus on the past instead of the future of both AB and stapp....and the more you feed a fire the more damage it does to everything that it touches....