Thread: Sp2
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2004, 05:25 PM   #2
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
YES, I strongly recommend everyone with Windows XP to get SP2. Most of us dont see SP2 as an update, but more of an upgrade. This will basically upgrade a lot of the popular features as well as improve the operating system. Probably the most important feature that is coming with SP2 is the more improved built in firewall. I strongly recommend every download this feature. So far the only way you can get SP2 is if you are a member of Microsoft's MSDN, it will be available to the general public at a later date [for security reasons it keeps being pushed back]. If you dont want to wait, SP2 is available out in bitorrent. But yes, get it while the gettin's good.

As for your IE problem, It could be a couple of things but what I am thinking is; Spyware, Virus, or network congestion. If it occurs at a specific time, chances are that its network congestion. Run Spybot/Ad-aware to delete everything it finds. Also run your Virus Scan and make sure it is up to date.