View Single Post
Old 02-25-2005, 11:10 PM   #28
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Yep, it is. They have Submersed, Alter Bridge and 12 Stones and no one knows anything about any of em... GRRR! They also have some not quite so decent bands (i.e. evenascence) who people DO know about... GRR.

Anyway, I actually don't think Stapp and Vedder sound exactly alike. Definitely similar (sometimes freakishly so) but not clones like so many Creed haters would have one believe.

Also, in a question that actually has some (gasp!) relevance to this thread, how exactly did Stapp write the solo album? Did he just write the lyrics? Cuz I mean, last I heard of, he couldn't play the guitar...

I agree, there are similarities. But the same can be said for Eric Durrance(former lead singer of Big Dismal, another Wind-Up artist) who sounds alot like Stapp at times. But Durrance isn't a clone.

I agree with what you said about Submersed and 12 Stones. Those guys deserve more attention than what they are getting. And more promotion.

As for Stapp, I'd think he's doing the lyrics and Goneblind is doing the music. But, of course, I don't know for sure. I'd love to see some more information on this.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!