View Single Post
Old 02-24-2004, 12:39 PM   #1
whitebird
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Your City, Town, Country and People

I would like to understand the members better, by learning what their cities or countries are like, and the people who live there.

WeatheredWoman told alot about her country in the post Gays In Religion, and I am moving this subject to this thread, to make others happy. It was off the subject there.

I'll start. I live in a suburb around the Twin Cities in Minnesota US.A. When I moved here there was a corn field down the street, now it is changing very fast. It makes me rather sad, because I love nature and animals. Trees have been ripped down to make shopping areas, and the deer that I have loved seeing comming to my yard, have been shot by people who thought it would make it easier for them to develop the land with them gone. I did not learn about this until after they had killed them. Development of the land in our country, has some terrible prices.

The people here in my town are varied, but there are mostly families, and there are alot of children. Many homes are being built in the area, and farmland is being sold off for development.

I love the nature in Minnesota. We are called "The Land Of 10,000 Lakes". Although we actually have more than that in our state. It is very green and lush in the Summer, wonderful colors in the Fall with the leaves changing, white with snow in the Winter, and in the Spring we start fresh with new growth.

Laws are different here from what WeatheredWoman described in her country.
Driving is 16 years of age, drinking is 21 years, and marijuana is not legal. Sometimes it seems to me like Minnesota is a bit more reserved than other states, such as California, but I have heard people from other countries and states describe the people here as friendly. There are always exceptions of course. Crime in the suberbs is much less than in some of the larger cities, but we do not leave our doors unlocked, because it is changing.

Please check out WeatheredWomans post in the previous thread it is really interesting. If it can be moved here, that would be great. I'm just not sure how to do that. WeatheredWoman I'll post some feedback on your post later, I would like to see if we can move it here first.

Steve, let me know if this is too long.