View Single Post
Old 08-25-2005, 04:33 PM   #20
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Well, there's now good news and bad news.

Good news is, he came back normal on the test, so there's no liver problems.

The bad news is, when they came in this morning, he had crashed again. They said that last night was the first night that he didn't have a heating pad in his bed, so they think that he got really cold and started to tremble which caused him to not eat, and his blood sugar drop.

It only took them 5 minutes to get him back to normal and he is now fine, but just to be on the safe side, they want to keep him another night and make sure the same thing doesn't happen.

I read in a Papillon book that they are prone to Hypoglycemia (sp?) up to 4 months of age and if they get it, to give them nutracal, wrap them in a warm towel and then they will be fine, so it may be something he has for the next few months. I will just have to watch his eating habits, and see that he doesn't get overly active and he doesn't play to hard. I think it must be hard for puppies to know how much food to eat to keep up with their metabolic rate.

That's the only sense I can make of it. Well hopefully he will be here with us tomorrow.