View Single Post
Old 03-06-2004, 04:47 PM   #80
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
First of all, thank you, whitebird for starting this thread and thank you to everyone who's shared info about where they live. I've really enjoyed reading them all.

I currently live in Bloomfield, Connecticut but I spent most of my life in another town in CT, Windsor. It's known as the first town that was settled in CT although there's been an ongoing battle for that title with another town claiming that they were the first town. I'm about 10 or 15 minutes from the capital city of Hartford which is known as the insurance capital of the world and so I guess it makes sense that I work for an insurance company.

Windsor is a quiet town with a town green where various activities happen throughout the year. Every May, there's a Shad Derby Day Festival to celebrate the shad returning to some of our local rivers. On that day, a parade is held and finishes in the center of town where activities are held throughout the day. We don't have alot of big stores or malls so we have to go to other towns to do any other kind of shopping except for groceries.

Some of you mentioned how bad the drivers are where you live, well they're bad here too. It's one extreme or the other here, either people are poking along or they're flying, LOL. Most of the time, people here in a hurry to get wherever they want to go.

One of my favorite things about living here is the change of seasons. The fall is my favorite time of the year with the brilliant colors of the autumn leaves, the crisp air and clear blue sky. It's just beautiful. The winter and summer can be tough. We've had winters where we've received over 100 inches of snow and like this past January, we had seven days where the temps were below zero and that's not counting the wind chill factor. The summer weather can get really hot and humid. We usually get more humidity than heat and I'd rather have it the other way around.

Overall, I'm very happy living here although there are other parts of the country that I think I would be happy living in too.

Relearn Love