View Single Post
Old 04-12-2005, 09:32 PM   #9
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I did not come into this thread intending to bash Stapp. I try to refrain from that on Stapp's section. I thought the thread was hilarious, and was trying to get YOU to lighten up, clearly I failed. The Stapp altar was obviously intended to be humorous, I meant no ill-will.

You claim all you wanted to do was say that all sides were responsible for the break up of Creed?

Quote: Yes you do... if you didn't want to take the time to bash Stapp then you wouldn't have started this thread. Let's all praise the three saints in Alter Bridge and crucify Stapp over and over again. This is getting old.

That has nothing to do with saying that all sides are culpable, it has to do with defending Stapp when he was clearly eating his words. And even if BoC WAS Stapp bashing (which he wasn't), it was clearly intended merely for humorous purposes alone. If he wanted to bash Stapp, there are a LOT of better ways to do it.

And also, it is (as I have said many times before) quite easy to like both Stapp and AB musically. (Well, not THAT easy since Stapp hasn't released anything, but you know what I mean). However, from a standpoint of "who is the biggest jerk?", you can't like both. Tremo obviously can't stand Stapp, and Stapp apparently is either lying about Tremo, or Tremo is lying about Stapp lying. There is bad blood, plain and simple. Someone was responsible, someone was culpible.

That has NOTHING to do with their music and I will very rarely hold someone's alleged personality agaisnt them in the case of their music. I will not do so in THIS case. But Stapp clearly has problems, and poking fun at them is no big deal. Funny, actually.

If you want to go to the AB board and bring in something funny about AB that might happen to be degrading... Go ahead! I'll probably laugh. Unfortunately AB has not done much to give anyone a reason to dislike them, unlike Stapp who definitely HAS. So you can see it as everyone ganging up on Stapp without a reason, or you can take the joke, move on, and live with it, without going in an uproar because someone insulted Stapp.

For heaven's sake, YOU brought AB into this. There was no Alter Bridge praising when you said "let's all praise alter bridge". BoC didn't say "look at how much of an idiot Stapp is, thank goodness AB isn't this dumb". And yet you acted like he did.

Take a joke, man, take a joke.