Thread: Mark's singing
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2006, 08:51 PM   #50
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Mark's singing

*Sigh* If I may confess, I was a bit out of my mind yesterday.

Anyway, if I may explain somethings. To be honest, when posed the question of who I'd want as my frontman, I took more than just vocal ability into consideration. Yes, being able to hit some impressive notes is important, but so is stage presence as well as lyrical ability. I've watched a ton of Creed bootlegs and Alter Bridge bootlegs, and I just recently got ahold of some videos from Stapp's recent concerts. And I've seen some live Audioslave stuff as well.

Anyway, from my point of view, out of the three mentioned, Stapp had and still has(based on the recent videos) the best stage presence. He just has a lot of charisma up on stage and still seems to be able to hit some notes and sound decent. And while Myles is my favorite vocalist and I think he is truly an amazing singer, I hesitate in saying he is my favorite frontman because, really, he lacks the charisma on stage and the stage presence, imo. Cornell is still an amazing singer, but at this stage in his career, I wouldn't take him as my frontman. So I said Stapp for the following reasons: 1. he seems to be a natural frontman; he just has that awesome stage presence that many better vocalists don't have 2. he's very charismatic and 3. he is capable of writing really good lyrics(though he hasn't written anything great, in my book, since the MOP days). The fact is, if I'm forming a rock band, I want my frontman to be someone who is charismatic and can interact with the crowd. It doesn't mean squat if all he can do is hit high notes....he needs to be a complete frontman in that he can sing decently/good, write decent/good lyrics and have charisma and interact with the fans. Stapp has all of this in my book, hence why I picked him out of the three mentioned.

But to be honest, if I could have any frontman, I'd probably pick Bono above everyone else.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!